Saturday, January 26, 2013

French Romance in a Box

I love all things French and when they're shabby chic and French...all the better! So, of course, this was my inspiration for this box. Before it was a beat up, blue painted, chipped box. I had to sand it (it was quite lumpy in spots) and then I painted it with Old White chalk paint. I wanted to give it an old antique look so I distressed it with sand paper and then Tim Holtz distress ink. Stamped it, added the painted embellishment and Viola!

The inside it covered in my favorite "go to" paper -- velvet paper. You can get it at JoAnn Fabrics for $1.99 a sheet. Love it!



sharing at: Timewashed

7 comments:

Donna said...

You are on a roll with your boxes, Renee! Love the wooden applique. I need to look for some of that velvet paper, thanks for the info!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Beautiful box!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So beautiful...love the stamped script!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

This is beautiful. So lovely ;) Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Nice job!

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous re-vamp!

Beth said...

love the box! I can just see it brimming with jewelry :)