Monday, August 20, 2012

Ahhh...A Girls' Weekend

I just came back from a much needed respite. After three weeks of working 50-60 hours, I was exhausted and almost cancelled my plans to head up to the Laurel Highlands in PA with my book club friends. However, since I was leading the discussion on Loving Frank, I thought better and went. All I can say is "Thank Goodness." I really needed a break and it was a perfect weekend with perfect weather -- sunny and 75! We enjoyed the outdoors -- some went rafting, some went hiking. I opted for hiking since I've enjoyed the perilous rafting trip in the past. We drank wine, discussed the book (which I recommend) and then toured Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water and Kentuck Knob homes. Truly amazing. I will let the pictures tell the rest...

Thanks Ladies!


3 comments:

ruzzel01 said...

That was so relaxing. Perfect destination as well.

christmas cash loans

Beth said...

Oh Renee, breaks are a much needed part of life. Glad you got some rest. It took me a while to learn that it is OK to slow down sometimes. Glad you enjoyed : )

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to see Falling Waters. I'm a huge FLW fan. Glad you had a refreshing trip!!!