Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Before and After: Have a (New) Seat

About a year ago, I posted about some chairs I inherited (see above). I loved the lines of these chairs and I planned on reupholstering them. Note, I said "planned." I purchased the fabric, I sanded them, and I painted them a pretty off-white. Then, they sat in my garage for six months.
I don't like to reupholster. What was I thinking? Was I suddenly going to love it? Enter my friend, Jen, who I was with at the Paris Flea Market ... so talented and right in my neighborhood! So, I asked her if she could take on the task of reupholstering these beauties.
She exceeded my expectations! Not only was she quick, she did a fantastic job for a very fair price. She just opened an esty shop, SevernHome, and she does great work (and did I mention that she was quick?)

Anyway, I love my new chairs. They flank my piano and if I wasn't so busy, I would show you how great they look beside my piano, but alas, dust bunnies are also flanking the piano, along with my latest Sam's Club purchases. So, you'll just have to enjoy these glimpses until I have the energy and time to clean and stage the room.

Want to know why I'm so busy? Stay tuned my friends.
Linking to:
 Primitive and Proper
Faded Charm

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Beautiful!! Such a gorgeous, classic chair that's now updated. Great work!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

wow! they look so wonderful! jen did a fabulous job!

Ali Richardson said...

PRETTY!!! I love the new look :)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love that chair! Great you found someone to recover it. :)

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Those chairs are sooo beautiful!!

Beth said...

love love love what you did! I had no idea you went to school to study fashion illustration. Do you still draw? Go figure!