Thursday, May 10, 2012

What I've Been Doing (Good ideas, too)

I see a light at the end of the tunnel! My custom orders are almost finished...just got another one the other day, but that's manageable. The above photo is my dining room in the midst of all my projects. Notice the stack of wood blocks waiting to be sanded and primed for orders. Warning: there are a lot of photos, but some good ideas in this post (I've been saving them all up)!

Teacher's appreciation lunch was a grand slam success thanks to the help of some very ambitious and creative ladies, see below. My friend Wendy got a bunch of great ideas off of Pinterest. One was to create a concession stand for the teachers in their lunch room. My other friend, Victoria, made the banner and concession sign and another mom created all the graphics to use on the popcorn and peanut baggies. We also had Big League Chew and Cracker Jacks...of course! I took these with my iPhone during set up...I'll try to post the finished pictures if I can get some from Wendy.



We served hot dogs, sauerkraut and salads for lunch. With baseball cake for dessert...we went through FIVE cakes!


Wendy made the centerpieces for the tables...the popcorn holders are filled with peanuts!
I also finished my prom breakfast signs. The theme is luau, but it's a secret so, don't tell any seniors. NOTE: Acrylic paint works much better than markers on foam board. I created each sign to look like wood boards nailed together, then painted various Hawaiian symbols, finally finishing with a dry brush to make each sign look, well, hand painted! Seriously, corn dogs, quesadillas and Rita's ice for breakfast? Whatever.



And, now I'm on to planning my son's graduation party between working, parenting and attending field trips. Whew!

3 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I'm exhausted just looking at all the work you've done. Everything looks great and I'm sure the teachers appreciated your efforts. Good luck with your other projects!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i'm with sherry! :) everything looks awesome, renee! and the light is near!

Sherry said...

Wow, you put so much work into this and it looks great! I found you on Common Grounds and I'm now following!