Saturday, April 14, 2012

At the Hop!



Guess where I was last night? At the hop! Sock hop, that is. It was our elementary school’s fundraiser for the graduating fifth grade class. The money we earn helps to pay for the fifth grade field trip. It’s only fitting that I helped to chair the event with my last child leaving elementary school since I chaired the very first sock hop with my oldest son, 12 years ago – wow.
The fundraiser was very successful and we raised over $2, 000 pretty decent since only the fourth and fifth grade classes were invited to attend. 
I tried to take photos of the decor, but iPhones and gymnasiums = bad photos, so we are just presenting one photo by my friend,  Laurie McDonald. I was in the middle dancing with the Chik-Fil-A cow (not pictured). The little girl to my right was helping me to do the dance right since I goofed up the first time around. 

2 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

AWESOME!!!! What a super mom! Your kids are SO lucky! I had a mom just like that and I am eternally grateful for her.
Happy weekend :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

ha ha! looks like so much fun!!!! i love your sweet shoes, too!