Friday, September 16, 2011

Just a Little Inspiration

I've been working simultaneously on three different projects (yes, my house is a disaster zone), but it feels so good to get in the groove and get things done. Here is the last of my Old World plaster projects, which I finished last night. I call them desktop blocks and sell them in my shop. They are made from scraps of wood we had in our garage. 

I love using these little blocks to try out new techniques and colors. These three have a color wash of gray over the plaster, which gives them a dreamy quality.


So, what else have I been working on? Well, here are some hints...





Linking to:
A Little Knick Knack

7 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I have seen so many dragonflies in my garden this year so I love the block with the dragronfly! Does the "t" on the knob stand for "tease" because that's what you've done. Can't wait to see the project that it's attached to!!!

Jamie said...

those venetian plaster blocks are gorgeous! and thanks for the furniture teaser... can't wait ;)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your creations are beautiful Renee. Just became a follower. Looking forward to future posts. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.

stacie said...

Really like the Dream block. Looking forward to the new project...

Andi said...

hey they first plaque looks familiar, I think Lily picked it up yesterday! Love the other two especially the starry starry night! Oh and thanks again for having us over and for the paint. I have primed a patch and am going to try it out today...I'll let you know!

Carrie said...

This is so awesome! I found it through Craft Gawker (That place is too addictive!). I pinned it - let me know if that is not ok. Your newest follower,
Carrie
www.projectpossessed.com

Unknown said...

Love it! thanks for sharing.