Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Box, A Beach and Au Revoir


I’ve been working on a few items for my etsy shop all in my fav new color – robin’s egg blue – can’t get enough of it! I picked up a gorgeous wood cigar box at a yard sale last summer and decided to give it a French-inspired touch.

I also decided to hand paint an old light-switch cover. It just needed a very simple touch to turn it into a beachy accessory (now I just need the beach house to go with it!)

I’m still working on another box -- in robin's egg blue and black -- a little departure for me from my shabby chic look…stay tuned for that.

This will probably be my last post for a few days as my youngest son and I are off to Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama. I’m sure I’ll have a few adventures to write about when I get back (and of course, some cool pics to share). So, au revoir for now…I’m headed to infinity and beyond….


Transformation Thursday

8 comments:

Andi said...

I love that color too! Second fave after aqua :-) Love the light switch...makes me long for summer. Have fun at space camp! Live long and prosper.

Cassie Bustamante said...

the box is adorable! have fun at space camp!!! i can't wait to see pics!!!!

Jane said...

I love the color you used to paint the box!
Have a wonderful time at Space Camp. Sounds like a lot of fun!!
Jane

Unknown said...

I am from Alabama...space camp is so much fun for kids...and Huntsville has some great antique stores! Like the box...that is a great color...Visit me sometimes at The Cranky Queen...Tiff

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Great color...love the project!!! Have fun at Space Camp...hope you get to do a little junking down here in the South!!!

A Vintage Vine said...

Love the color....have a great time the weather should be wonderful!

Our Little Beehive said...

Love the robin's egg blue, especially on the light switch cover.

In re: email subscribers I went to my feedburner account and poked around in there until I found something about subscribing by email. It was all very random to find it, but I bet if you search in the blogger help files, or even google for instructions, you'll find lots of resources with detailed step-by-steps!

Peggy said...

I love this color! So soothing and pretty. I added your blog to an article I wrote on great craft blogs:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7905007/craft_blogs_for_recycled_crafts.html?cat=24

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Peggy