Thursday, March 24, 2011

$5 Challenge

Today I'm entering this frame in the CSI Project's $5 Challenge. It actually cost me under $5, but I'm sure that's okay! I found this wood frame at a garage sale for .50 cents. Here it is before:


It begged for me to take it home, so I did. On the way home, I bought some craft paint (I think it was 89 cents) and then painted it the prettiest shade of pink. It's needed a little more so I added some white paint (had this) and glazing medium (had this) and gently wiped it over the whole frame.
I looked through my stash of vintage jewelry (free) and found the perfect combination ... pieces of a vintage rhinestone and pearl bracelet and two vintage flower earrings.
I glued them with Gorilla Super glue ( I always have this on hand) and then added some extra pearls (from a broken necklace) here and there. I did have it in my etsy shop, but thought it was so pretty that I'm saving it for a special gift. It's just amazing what you can do for $1.39.


Visit thecsiproject.com

br />Transformation Thursday

7 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Love it... you did a great job!I'll have to go check it out, I am sure there will be some great frames over there!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it turned out so pretty! perfect for a baby girl's room with an announcement photo, baby bracelet, etc... so cute!

Kristie @ All for Giggles said...

Hi! I just came over from the CSI project. This frame turned out so cute! This $5 challenge is fun!

Making life a Bliss

Kristie @ All for Giggles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The frame is so sweet! Love the rhinestones!!!

Sherrie said...

That is just so gorgeous !
Love it :):)
Sherrie from simpleliving

Anonymous said...

Adorable! :)

~Jazz