Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Want to See Something Ugly?


Sure you do. That’s why you clicked on this post.

It’s our boy’s bathroom, which started off nice enough, however check out this algebraic equation: 15years +  3boys + well water = OMG!
Let me explain so you don’t think we are people who don’t clean. The ugliness actually began with the dreaded well water stains and maybe the lack of proper cleaning (I make the boys clean their own bathroom). 
I did venture into this dreaded dungeon of disgust every month to properly clean it. And who would guess? I was the one who made it worse when I decided to use the extra strength industrial cleaner on the bathtub! It permanently stained the tub the worst dingy shade of rust/brown. Anyway, it went from disgusting to appalling and now it’s just … well … horrifying. I can’t even believe I’m letting the world see this!
My son, who is home from college and desperately needs money (know any college student who doesn't?) is helping with demolition. (He is posing for the picture that's why he's not wearing safety goggles and gloves -- seriously.)
We are now getting a nice rust-brown shade of tile so we won’t have to worry about the water staining it (at least on the walls). The tub? Well, let’s just say I am now going to be supervising clean up of the new white tub every week. Stay tuned for the reveal … in parts. I will be asking your opinion on the now white cabinets … I plan on painting them…
Later gator.

6 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Brave girl (and boy) taking on this remodel! I look forward to seeing the progress. Good luck!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Can't wait to see the "reveal." BTW....loooove the new banner!!!
Sherry@Back2Vintage

A Vintage Vine said...

looking forward to the reveal!..I too have 3 boys, I can totally relate to making them clean their bath....!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i feel your pain!!! i prefer using natual cleaners but about once a month i have to use bleach in my bathroom to clean the white tile, tub, and grout. can't wait to see the result!

Jane said...

Boys and bathrooms....I get it completely!! Look forward to seeing the updates.
Jane

Pam Kessler said...

You are braver than me to post a picture of a bathtub on your blog. Can't wait to see the reveal.