Friday, January 7, 2011

The Key to Sanity


You can’t find your keys at the last minute ---has this ever happened to you? 

Ha! Just kidding. I know it’s happened to you and some of you, more than once a day!

Key hooks by the door, like the one on the right (no, I didn’t make it) are a great idea, but what if you don’t have the wall space (or simply don’t want to hang keys)?

Hmmm. My mom gave me a huge bag of old keys over the holidays. She said she knew I could make something from them. Since they weren’t really cool, old skeleton keys, I wasn’t sure just what I could make.
Above is what I came up with:
I painted this box a lovely Robin’s Egg Blue, but plan on creating others in a variety of shades. I used a little lock trinket I found on a vintage bracelet for the knob. Then, maybe I’ll put them in my etsy shop, and maybe I’ll help save some lost keys (and people’s sanity).

6 comments:

DanielleisNesting said...

Oh it's perfect. I love the color too! Great idea!

Andi said...

Cute! One of my favorite colors! I love the closure, very pretty.

Tammy said...

I love it. The color is great. And I like them in a box as then the keys don't leave marks on the wall where they are hanging.
Tammy

Jane said...

This is a great use for the keys. It's funny, my mom gave me a bag of keys like that over the holiday too! Mine are still in the ziplock bag!
Love the color of the box.
I saw your comment on my storage piece. The Velcro package said Industrial Strength. I thought it must be stronger than the regular Velcro so I tried it. So far, so good!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Jane

Jane said...

Me again...I forgot to tell you I like your new blog header!
Jane

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great idea. Pinned. Following.
Joy