Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bringing Winter Inside



Yes! It finally snowed here in Maryland. Well, it snowed a little earlier in the season, but didn’t stick long enough. We have a two-hour delay, which makes for a nice relaxed morning. So, I thought I’d share a few simple ways to keep winter here a little longer. Place greens in a colorful bottle. See how beautiful the sunlight shines through the bottles…

Some other winter vignettes – drape some winterberry garland here and there:

Winter candles are so pretty, too:

Finally, making paper snowflakes and hanging them on your window is so pretty and so simple. I hang them by using a glue stick! (Just spray Windex to get it off later.) Yes, I have to make new snowflakes every year, but it’s become a little tradition for my son and me.



The best instructions that I’ve found to make paper snowflakes comes from – I hate to say it – but Martha Stewart. Check them out at http://food.yahoo.com/articles/martha-stewart/channel181245/paper-snowflakes.
Linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love the blue bottles and the wintery garland!
Sherry@Back2Vintage

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

So beautiful!!! I am your newest follower. Saw you on CSI project!
Bonnie :)

LV said...

I really enjoyed your blog and the blue bottles usage. You are creative in making the paper snowflakes as well.