Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It’s All About the Vanity


Warning: This may be a little text heavy, but the story is worth it – especially for all my frugal friends. My bathroom before...not bad, just blah...



When we built our house, we ran out of money by the time we got to the bathrooms. We were fortunate that my husband worked for a builder so we purchased most things at cost – and we got some free upgrades – like the big bathtub. However, everything else was builder grade, right down to the fixtures and plain white tiles. TIP: never, ever get white tiles when you have well water unless you are really into rust stains!! Fortunately, (and I mean fortunately) three years ago, the tiles began to come loose because the builder (ahem, my husband) picked the wrong board to go behind the shower walls. 


Since it really wasn’t that bad, I needed another excuse to change the bathroom before it got worse (me falling through the floor and into the kitchen below while showering is not a pretty picture).

Then it happened… a friend invited me to a“going out of business sale.” When the doors opened and I saw it from afar and I ran (literally) through the store and leaped (literally) onto this incredible wood and marble vanity. My friend went to get a salesperson and yes, you are going to be so jealous, I got this incredible vanity, sinks already installed, for $50!


Why? It had a crack and a chip in the marble top and a broken leg. When it was delivered and it took up half our bedroom, my husband had to agree to finally fix our problem bathroom. How’s that for a bargain story? Anyone else have a good one to share? I just bet you do. 

Here are some more pics of my new bathroom (notice the tile is now a rust, brown color ... no more wories about well water).





The only thing I’m not extremely happy with are the window treatments, but for now they serve their purpose as I keep looking.
La Toilette...


 And gotta love this candelabra I got at a tag sale for $15!  Linking to:



9 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love that vanity!! What a great buy.

Cassie Bustamante said...

looks great, renee! love the chandy!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Great buy! Love the chandelier. Your bathroom looks fab!!

Allison said...

Love the way it turned out! What a difference!

Jazz said...

WOW $50?! Way to go! ;) It's beautiful! Great Chandelier too...

~Jazz

Anonymous said...

Amazing deal! New look is great :)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So gorgeous~ I am in love with your vanity!! What a fantastic find!!! LOVE LOVE!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous and elegant. Great job!