Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dream on...




Okay. I’m in love with this sign I just finished. I really want to keep it, but I do need to make some money. I wish I could make one for me and one for sale, but as you know most of my stuff comes from my fabulous finds, so they are all unique. I’m putting it in my Etsy shop tomorrow, but here’s a sneak preview (see above). I used paper scraps, Swarovski crystals (I bought those), buttons and letters that I found in a clearance rack.  I stamped some French lettering and flowers in strategic places. Then I painted a coat of matte Mod Podge to seal it all. It wasn’t hard, but it did take some time to arrange the papers and consequently there were a lot of “do-overs.”
I’m working on another sign that will be created with a creme and grey palette (again leftover paper scraps). I’m also trying my hand at making paper flowers – we’ll see if I actually include them on my sign. I used regular old card stock paper on my flowers and they turned out pretty good for an amateur.  (If I say so myself!)
Pretty tired after painting 101 third graders’ faces at the school’s Native American day. I think I’ll put up my feet, have a glass of wine and then cook dinner.
Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

renee- this looks great! i love the colors. it would be adorable in a nursery. actually i think it would be great in a nursing home, too. it's never too late to stop dreaming, now is it? did you look at your calendar for june?

stacie said...

I love the soft creams and yellow. Like the buttons too. Is that the french script stamp I lent you or a different one?